MTI Petra Freestanding Bathtub
Petra 228 | 62" x 32" Rectangle SculptureStone™ Soaking or Air Bath
Freestanding. Simple lines. Contemporary design. Bold. The redesigned #228 features an integrated slotted overflow. This overflow allows for a deep soak, 17.75" of water depth. ADEX Platinum Award Winner. Center drain and 2 backrest allows a bather to choose the best view.
Buy Your MTI Petra 228 on Sale from Bathtub Experts!
At Tubz.com we are not just order takers in a call center. We are a small team that takes pride in our customer service and the product knowledge we have accumulated in our 20+ years of experience. Give us a call, we are here to help! We will offer you a great sale price with free shipping (48 contiguous states).
Authorized MTI Dealer
Exterior Dimension: 62.25" x 32.25" x 21"
Bottom Interior: 49" x 25.25"
Water Level: 17.75"
Maximum Fill: 95 gal to overflow
Soaker Weight: 300 lbs
Air Bath Weight: 335 lbs
Back Rest Angle: 105°
Drain Type: Center
Standard Colors: White Matte Finish
Integrated slotted overflow
Chrome Toe Tap Drain (PVC)
Limited Lifetime Warranty
MTI | Made in America
MTI Price Increase Effective July 22nd
Order Now & Save More!
Welcome to tubz.com virtual showroom
Sale Price Not Listed? Call 866-380-0303
or Click "Send Me a Quote"
Prices are listed are MSRP. Sale prices are much lower! Since we are don't have a cart, give us a call, or use quote button (email) for price quotes. Learn more →
Important Petra Information
Petra Freestanding Tub
- Soaking Tub
Soaking Bath | No Jets
- Air Bath
20 Air Jets
Heated Air Blower
Waterproof Remote Control
110 Volt 15 Amp GFCI
• Includes an integrated slotted overflow, which only requires drain installation. May also be specified without an overflow (check your local codes).
• Air baths require job site preparations for remote mounting the blower and required check valve. Check valve must be installed higher than the rim of the tub. The keypad is shipped loose and may be mounted on a nearby wall or decking. A waterproof remote control is also included. Please read installation manual prior to ordering.
• Requires use of a wall-mounted or freestanding tub filler.
Boutique Solid Surface Bathtub
Created from SculptureStone™, a mixture of ground natural minerals and high-performance resins that are liquefied, poured and then hardened. The result is molded stone. 100% solid. This material is non-porous, stain-, mold- and mildew-resistant, making cleaning and maintenance easy.
All Boutique Collection tubs are handcrafted with pride in the USA.
Since 1988, MTI Baths has earned a reputation for impeccable quality, innovation and unique customizations for its expansive line of bath products. MTI offers fine products in acrylic, engineered solid stone and wood, all manufactured with care in the USA.
MTI is distinguished from its competitors by the incredible degree of customization that is offered. While preconfigured packages are readily available for ease of ordering, at MTI these are not a limitation but only the beginning. Because each product is built to order, additions, deletions and modifications to equipment levels and placement can be made, providing the customer with unparalleled customization and a truly personalized product.
Boutique Care and Cleaning Instructions
The ESS surface of all MTI Boutique tubs is among the highest quality surfaces available. Its hard, non-porous surface prevents dirt from accumulating and resists stains better than other materials. This tub is made of resin and natural minerals and may have minor variations in color and surface texture throughout the tub. This is normal and part of the unique, hand-crafted beauty for products made from natural minerals such as MTI's Engineered Solid Stone. With normal use, the ESS will retain its beauty with only a minimal amount of care. To maintain the elegant look of the ESS surface, follow these simple steps:
1) MTI recommended cleaning products:
Matte Finish: mild dish soap and water.
Gloss Finish: mild dish soap and water or products specifically made for cleaning granite or other high-gloss counter surfaces (e.g. Countertop Magic). Do not apply to the floor of the tub, as some products may make the tub slippery.
2) Remove dust or dry dirt with a soft, damp cloth.
3) Clean grease, oil, paint or ink stains with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. Dry with a soft, dry cloth.
4) Never use any abrasive cleaners. If any product feels gritty when rubbed between your fingers, it is NOT safe to use on your gloss or high-gloss ESS product.
5) Avoid using razor blades or other sharp objects that might scratch the surface.
6) Do not use harsh chemicals, such as hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide, paint thinner, chloride solvents or any strong acid or base, as this will permanently damage the finish. Also avoid any cleaners that include lime removal agents such as CLR or Lime-A-Way, as these can also damage the finish.
7) Avoid any bath products that contain natural or artificial dyes. Test product first on an inconspicuous area before using.
The MTI tub has been designed and engineered to resist scratches and stains when used properly. The durable finish will resist food acids and should not stain under normal bathroom conditions. If you do damage the tub, minor cuts and scratches can usually be buffed or polished out of the finish by a qualified professional.
All Boutique Tubs
Helpful Bathtub Links
• How to Choose a Freestanding Tub
• Freestanding Bath
- List of all Freestanding Tubs
• Air Tub
- Find out how Air Systems Vary
- Contact us, we are here to help