The rising popularity of a freestanding tub has changed thoughts on bathroom design. In the past the tub was surrounded by tile work to create a focal point - basically to take the attention away from the tub. A freestanding bathtub is meant to be the focal point, their beauty and presence commands it. Also called a stand alone bathtub, a freestanding tub has a skirt that entirely surrounds it. Some are raised off the floor with feet or a pedestal. Others have a more modern, streamline style.
Find over 600 Free Standing Tubs on Sale with Free Shipping!
You don't have to wait for specials, search for a coupon, or cross your fingers and hope for a good deal. Our freestanding bathtubs are always on sale. We go to our best sale price and offer that to you right at the start. You will see this when the price is listed as "sale price". If you see "list price" then give us a call or drop us an email and we will offer you our best deal. We will ship our freestanding tubs anywhere in the contiguous US free of charge.
Explore Types of Freestanding Tubs
• Freestanding Bathtub Styles
- Clawfoot: Most are traditionally styled, these baths are raised off the bathroom floor with 4 stylish feet. Find a few with contemporary feet.
- Pedestal: Bathtub sits on a pedestal base or the tubs are molded with the look of a base. Style varies from modern to traditional.
- Corner & Back-to-the-Wall: These speciality tubs are made to be wall flowers. Tucked into a corner or against a wall, their beauty still blooms.
- None of the Above: The majority of the freestanding tubs don't fit into the above categories. They stand on the bathroom floor without the help of a pedestal or legs. Shop by size above to find all styles.
• Freestanding Soaking or Air Bathtub
All of the freestanding tubs we list are offered as soaking tubs. Some have the option of adding an air system. When shopping our tub listings you will find letters in blue circles. If there is a "S", the tub is offered as a soaker. If there is an "A", it can be a freestanding air tub.
Learn more about air tubs →
• Freestanding Tub Construction
Some free standing bathtubs are molded as one piece, others come as two: 1) skirt & 2) drop-in bathtub. Put the tub in the skirt and you have a freestanding tub. If the tub is 2 piece and allows for deck mount faucets, the faucet installation may be easier. It also may mean the motor/blower is located within the skirt. Since every one is different, please check the technical information.
• Freestanding Bathtub Drain
They may require a finished drain (will be visible). Others, it is integral to the bathtub (you will not see the piping). You will hear us state drains are universal, you can get them from your faucet company or plumber. In some cases it is better to get them together.
• Tub Size - Freestanding for 2?
If a tub has two back slants & a center drain, It is considered a 2 person tub. If the tub has an end drain - one side slopes but the drain end is straight up and down - then the tub has been designed for one bather. Use the technical for the bath to find out the bathing well size and water height. This will let you know if two can truly fit.
Learn more about choosing the right size tub →
• Faucets for Stand Alone Tubs
There are 3 styles of faucets for freestanding baths. I will apologize ahead of time, but I must repeat - each one is different, please check the technical information on each one to see the possibilities.