The MTI Deborah 2 is a small corner bath at 42 x 42. The perfect size for Lynell and her bathroom. Let’s take a look at the process:
• The original bathroom was very traditional with a clawfoot tub/shower. Paneling for the walls & ceiling slope. Carpet on the floor and the long bench.
• Demolition down to the studs opened up the possibilities.
• Here things are starting to take shape as the bathroom is rebuilt. The toilet and tub locations are switched. Drywall & flooring is in and the plumbing is stubbed out for the vanity. You can also see where the new windows will be placed.
• A little further on in the remodeling, the wow factor started to surface. Lots of natural materials, from the increase in natural lighting to the stone tile and ceramic floors (with radiant heat beneath). In the area that once housed only a tub and toilet now has room for a double vanity. But the dual purpose of a tub/shower is gone. Let’s back up the camera a bit:
• Along the same wall as the bath is an upholstered bench, then a custom shower.
• The details throughout the bathroom make it a perfect oasis. Trim was added to the modern mirrors to make the style transitional. A scratching area was added to the side of the vanity so even the cats can enjoy the room.
• Lynell had fun with the left over tile and created the custom waste basket and tissue holder.
Way to go Lynell, you jumped over difficult obstacles (long narrow room & slanted ceiling to name two). The result is a stylish, functional & timeless retreat.
Thanks much for sharing!
A small corner tub fits this stylish bathroom perfectly plus it maintains water temperature & provides an air massage.